Facts and myths about body language and lie detection
The purpose of the following publication is to present and explain myths on body language and detecting lies, using current scientific knowledge and experience of people who interview („read”) people on daily basis.
- What is criminal, psychological and behavioral profiling?
- What behavioral profiling, which we use e.g. at airports, includes?
- What myths revolve around the topic of nonverbal communication?
- Can body language and facial expressions be culturally universal?
- Are nonverbal messages helpful in detecting lies?
- Can you detect a lie only by observing body language?